February 20, 2020
24.0°, Mostly Cloudy
In the home stretch
February 21, 2019
Michael Tucci, foreman for Pariseault Construction, said Tuesday the company is nearing completion of the work needed to reopen St. Kevin School that was forced to close prior to Christmas because of a burst hot water heating pipe. The rupture in a second floor restroom happened over the weekend and wasn’t discovered until water seeped through the first floor ceiling in the rooms below and filled the building with stream causing extensive water damage. Initially, St. Kevin pastor Fr. Robert Marciano was optimistic of reopening the school in less than two weeks; however, the damage was far more extensive than first thought. Fr. Marciano took up the city and School Department’s offer to help and the 246-student school was relocated to Randall Holden School that closed last June. Tucci said, “It should be a couple of more weeks and we’ll be wrapped up.”
FINISHING TOUCHES: Dan Pietryski sorts through laminate that will be applied to shelving under classroom windows.
WHERE THE CARPET MEETS THE CORRIDOR: Derek Nelson finishes off the carpet tiles in one of the administrative offices.
LAST COAT: Jesse Boulay applies a gloss coat to the molding in the school library.
A BIG UPGRADE: The extensive moisture compromised much of the fire alarm system that was already outdated. Here Robert Morrocco of Dionne Electric works on wiring the master control. In addition to new wiring, contractors have bricked in voids between classrooms as fire blocks and enhance the building’s fire rating.
ALL NEW CEILINGS: There are new suspended ceilings throughout the school as well as new lighting.
This story was originally posted by Warwick Beacon.
to view the original story in its entirety.
No comments on this story
Please log in to comment by clicking here
to add your comment